We frequently get asked about the drones or UAVs that we use. What is the best drone? Why do you use such-and-such vendor?
Utilizing the best technology available helps ensure that we can equip our clients with the business intelligence that they need to improve their operations. A one-size-fits-all solution in our industry isn’t practical, so we work with our clients to determine the best tool for precise and efficient data collection.
As you begin to consider your options think about asking yourself these questions:
1. What type of information am I looking to get from a UAV?
2. What are the requirements for achieving this information?
3. What sensors?
4. What level of accuracy?
5. Will I be performing repetitive work or one-off projects?
6. How large of an area will I need to fly?
7. What is my skill level (or my pilot’s)?
8. How complex do I want my solution to be?
Download part one of Andrew Maximow's blog series, Guide to Drone, to learn more about how we choose the right tool for the job.