Each Firmatek Drone Kit comes with an SD mico USB memory card, SD card holder, SD card micro-to-mini USB adaptor, and an SD card universal USB adaptor. We are currently recommending SanDisk Extreme brand SD cards. They must be rated U3. (See picture below).
The Upload Process
- Insert: After the drone lands, the SD card is removed from the drone and inserted into the USB adapter. Then insert the USB adapter into an internet connected computer.
- Observe: This is a good opportunity to observe several important aspects of the data collected by the drone:
- How many photos were collected?
- What is the total memory size of the folder containing all the photos?
- Perform a cursory Quality Control Check on the photos by opening several of them and checking for blurriness and overall quality. This takes some practice and familiarity with the area being mapped.
- Upload: Open a browser window to the Firmatek Data Upload Portal
- Complete the form including: contact information, site information, Drone ID, date, and desired deliverables. Note: Your Drone ID uniquely links the data being uploaded to your client drone.
- In the text box, enter any relevant details. For example, "drone flight captured the bottom half of the stockpile yard." Or "we set new GCP, and have uploaded the coordinates." These notes help our processing technicians.
- Choose and select all the drone photos to be uploaded or drag and drop them into the file upload area. Click the Submit and Upload button.
- Note: there is a 5 GB data upload size limit. If your entire dataset exceeds 5 GB, you may need to upload in multiple batches.
Firmatek is notified when drone images and GCP data has been uploaded. We being processing the data to complete the final deliverables.
For stockpile measurements the client will be asked to identify and number each stockpile on the “ortho” image that is generated from the drone photos.
Final deliverables are then generated and published for distribution on the Firmatek Data Portal.