Firmatek 4 Step Process:
Firmatek recommends the following 4 step in preparing for and obtaining an FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot license.
1. Exam Prep
Firmatek recommends that you take a fee-based Part-107 exam preparation online courses. While there are many available, we recommend that you take one through Dart Drones https://www.dartdrones.com/
2. Part 107 Knowledge Test Online Prep Materials
In addition to an exam prep course, there are a number of good online resources to study before you take your test. A few we find helpful are below:
- FAA list of knowledge test materials and test questions
- FAA Part 107 Study Guide
- Jonathan Rupprect's Resources & Study Guide
- 3DR Resources
3. Take the Part 107 Exam
- Tests are administered by 2 authorized testing organizations (CAT, PSI), located at any aviation training facility, typically near airports. The FAA maintains a comprehensive data base of testing locations. Applicants should contact these facilities directly and reserve a testing date/time
- CATS: Call (844) 704-1497
- PSI: Call (800) 211-2754
- Cost: The Part 107 Knowledge Test costs $150
- Passage: A minimum passing score is 70%
- An applicant must wait a minimum of 30 days before he/she may retake the test
4. IACRA Registration
After successfully completing the knowledge test, the results are automatically sent to the FAA within 48 hours. However, you still have one more step.
The applicant must complete the process by registering with the FAA IACRA website within 48 hours.
You can print a temporary remote pilot certificate for documentation purposes. A permanent plastic laminated certificate will be mailed to the mailing address on record within 6-8 weeks.