1. To plan a new mission, click on the NEW button. See below.
2. Give the new mission a name. For example, South Area Stockpile Yard
3. Click Save. (Don't forget to do this!!)
4. Click on the 3D Map Area Button. See below.
5. Click on the Tap Button. This allows you to draw an area to be mapped. See below.
6. The cached Google Map will appear. Scroll to and tap the area to be mapped. See below.
7. Notice a shaded blue polygon appears with white dots on the corners (see below). The blue dot indicates the current white dot that has been selected. These dots can be moved around to enlarge or shrink the polygon. New dots can be added by clicking the + signs on the outside of the polygon. Look at the dialog box to the right with a red border. It contains basic settings. The altitude should be set to 400 ft AGL.
8. For additional parameters, click on the Advanced Button in the dialog box. Here you find important settings including overlap ratio, side overlap ratio, and end mission action.
9. Compare the polygon with the area of GCP placement. Make sure that the flight mission has sufficient area to include the GCPs as the drone flies over them. When you are satisfied with teh parameters and the flight mission, click the box on the top right to fly.
10. The drone will go into a pre-flight checklist.
11. Click Start to Fly